Holiday Travel Survival Tips
By: Sarah Lora, GM Corporate Communications , Latin America & Caribbean
As part of Delta’s Corporate Communications team, I am fortunate to work with many journalists and social media experts from Latin America and the Caribbean who spend quite a bit of time traveling for work and pleasure. This year I asked some to share their favorite tips on how to navigate busy airports over the holiday season.
• Roberto Mercado: ”I like to have an external charger compatible with my Smartphone, this way I don’t have to compete for power outlets at a busy airport. Also, I do my check-in on line, update my travel apps and download Wi-Fi games to keep entertained in flight.”
• Mark Chesnut: “One of the best holiday gifts you can give yourself is a day pass or an annual membership in an airline VIP lounge like Delta Sky Club.They can provide a wonderfully peaceful escape from hectic airport scenes filled with holiday travelers.”
• Jesus Alonso Iglesias: “Don’t worry, be ready and be happy. Add to your Twitter, accounts that offer local traffic reports. This will help you to get to the airport faster and avoid congestion.”
• Annie Burbano: “What I love the most is having access to Wi-fi on board because it allows me to work as I wish and I love the Delta iPad app, I even wrote a blog post about it! ”
• Silvia Oliveira: “I like to use my time wisely while waiting for my flight, tasks like organizing my notebook folders and clean up my mail box are a must before flying.”
Delta also has additional travel tools for both travelers such as real time travel assistance available on Twitter in four languages: @DeltaAssist for English, @DeltaAssist_ES for Spanish, @DeltaAjuda for Portuguese and @DeltaAssist_JP.