SkyMiles 2015 U.S. Award Chart // What You Need to Know
By: Jeff Robertson, VP, SkyMiles
Last week, we announced updates to how you will earn miles in the 2015 SkyMiles program as well as how redeeming miles will become easier and more flexible. The most consistent feedback we received from our SkyMiles members was to improve how you can use miles and provide more access to Awards at the lowest levels. The changes reflected in our 2015 SkyMiles program will give you easier Award Travel with greater flexibility by adding new options like One-Way Awards and Miles + Cash and improvements to the Award shopping experience.
Since many of you asked for more specifics about the Award Travel improvements, we wanted to use this opportunity to provide additional information.
Today, we published the 2015 U.S. Award chart which is available online, more than nine months before the Award pricing goes into effect. Please note:
• There are no price increases to any of the lowest Award redemption levels
• Of the 44 Award level pricing changes, more than 95% are decreases
• More seats for fewer miles are available for redemption
With the release of the Award chart, members can continue learning even more about the 2015 SkyMiles program including how the new five-tier structure will be implemented.
• The lowest level for SkyMiles Saver Awards will remain at 25,000 miles for an Economy Class Award ticket for travel within the U. S. and Canada excluding Hawaii.
• The introduction of two additional redemption tiers will offer members more price points for Awards and is designed to complement new features such as the new One-Way Award Tickets and the ability to redeem Miles + Cash Award options.
Visit delta.com/skymiles2015 for more details. We know Award Travel is important to you and are committed to bringing you better redemption in 2015.